Marietta Righd iditarod sounds like fun.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
It's a 5 mile course with team of 5 and a shopping cart. Hopefully the snow will be off the ground by then. :D

mariettatimes said:
March 5, 2011, we are proud to announce our first annual Righditarod, like the Alaskan Iditarod, only with shopping carts. Teams of five, four dawgies and a musher, will scavenger hunt wish list items from all our food pantries, collect monetary donations and participate in several contests. Points will be tallied depending on meeting every challenge and it will stock our food pantries and muster lots of fun. Youth will be our photographers and interviewers and there is an opportunity for everyone in the community to get involved.

http://www.mariettatimes.com/page/c...ramming-continues-into-new-year.html?nav=5006

muleman

Seems a little wishful thinking for the first week of March. The winter is still pretty strong at that time. Sounds like a good cause for the event.:cool:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
This is about 45 minutes from me. We are far enough south that we never keep the white stuff on the ground all winter. Average temp even now in January is 39 degrees, course this year we are 10 degrees below average.
I figure they have a good chance of pulling it off ...if not they'll need snow tires or better yet sleds on the grocery carts. :D If I was younger and dumber I'd be entering.