RAVE - hit 300,000 miles the other day

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats Fred. That is a lot of miles. :thumb: :clap: :clap:

I'm about halfway there and do not plan to take my Toyota to that limit. It has done great for the 1st 144k though.

waybomb

Wife's car, 97 C280 Sport, just turned 155,000 last weekend. I know because I changed the oil last weekend and wrote it down.

This 97 car is the only car, that as a couple, we bought new. In fact, I was between being a GM or a Ford guy forever, and my wife just had to have a brand new Benz. I was like, "are you frickin nuts? We can't afford no Mercedes Benz!"

I tried everything to sway her. There was no swaying her. That's what got me into Benzes. The only other brand car I bought after that was Grand Voyager minivan to haul crap around in, and more recently, a Ford F700 that I am turning into a tow vehicle for Plain Vanilla.

It's been a good run with Benzes. As far as I am concerned, the cheapest cars to own for the longhaul. And none of them really look dated.

muleman

They do have a rep for holding up for a lot of miles. Don't know if the initial quality has gone up from a few years back.